Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

New Hair = New Hair Faves

Hello world!

As some of you may know, I recently just cut my hair, which means styling it has become a completely different task! It took me about three years to grow my hair out super long, and cutting my hair was kind of an impulsive move, so I'm still adjusting.
My main reason for cutting my hair was because it was just so dead. All throughout high school, I was obsessed with dyeing, bleaching, and just torturing my hair in general haha. I dyed my hair nine times in one year once! I had my ombré in for almost a year, and the bleached part of my hair was just so dry. It had been bleached over several times from the random times I've put blonde in my hair, and I just decided enough was enough. It was so bad that I could hear my hair break when I brushed through it, so ultimately I feel like I made the right decision. That doesn't mean I don't still miss my hair though! haha :(

As a result of this big change, I've been on the hunt to find ways to style my hair, and I've been using a whole different array of products now, so I thought it would be a fun and helpful post for anyone who has cut their hair recently, or if you just want to pick up any of the products I've talked about!

From the left to the right:

Garnier Fructis: Damage Eraser Strength Reconstructing Butter ($5)
As I said before, my main reason for my haircut was for it's health, so I've been on the hunt for deep conditioners! This is a super affordable deep conditioner that you substitute for you normal conditioner whenever you want to strengthen your hair. I use it about twice a week. While I don't think it is AMAZING, it does leave my hair feeling nice and soft after a shower, which I appreciate. You can get it as cheap as $5, and it has a thick formula that really saturates your hair, so I would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a cheap way to hydrate your hair! I wouldn't say it works miracles, but it is a great drugstore product. This is actually my second tub, so I would I enjoy it!

Flower Crowns: Pink - American Eagle, White - Aldo
I know that these are seen EVERYWHERE now, but there's definitely a reason for that! These are just such an easy way to make your hair look put together, and they're just so pretty! I have always been a huge fan of florals, and an even bigger fan of being lazy with my hair so when I want to look a little more dressed up, I just throw this on. I have to admit these are a little intimidating to wear, so I recommend starting off with a headband that has smaller flowers, like the white one that I got from Aldo. It is much easier to wear than my pink one, and I don't feel like I need to keep looking in the mirror to check if I need to readjust it.
Here's me in my flow crown from Aldo!

TRESemmé - Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray &
Curling Wand
I have been trying my best to stay away from heat to take care of my hair, but I feel like my short hair looks best when it's curled, so when I want to look more presentable, I give in and use my hair wand haha. I have no idea what brand mine is because I got it from Winners, but it's a 1-inch barrel and creates nice loose curls that are easy to wear, and lasts for a few days. I think 1-inch hair wands create the nicest waves because they're not small like ringlets, but they're not too big that they look odd. I ALWAYS make sure to give my hair a good spray of heat protectant, and TRESemmé does the job! I also love that the nozzle sprays out product like a mist, so it doesn't feel like you're soaking your hair right before you apply to heat to it.

Dove: Refresh + Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo
I am absolutely IN LOVE with this stuff! My friend Kate recommended it to me, and I am so glad she did! This is a dry shampoo that helps to really build volume, as well as helping to keep your hair looking fresh between washes. I used to use TRESemmé's dry shampoo, but I hated the overwhelming smell and the white powder it left behind, as I have dark hair. But Dove's dry shampoo has a clear formula, and a really pleasant smell! I love to spray this onto the roots of my hair and shaking my hair a bit when it's in day-old curls because it just brings my hair back to life. It's really inexpensive as well, you can get it for around $4, which is an absolute steal!

Marc Anthony: Oil of Morocco Argan Oil
Hair oil from any brand is an absolute must, whether your hair is long, short, curly, or straight. I have such frizzy hair and using a few drops of this stuff on the ends of my hair prevents me like looking like Monica from friends in Barbados! I also love rubbing a few drops of this Moroccan oil onto the ends of my hair before bed, so it can really soak in. 

Salldy's Beauty Supply: Wide Tooth Comb
I've had this comb for years, and it's the only thing I use to tame my hair. It is so much less harmful and harsh than using a paddle brush, and it's only like $2 or $3, so ditch that hair-breaking-brush and pick up a comb! It may take a little longer to brush through, but it helps keep that frizz away.

I really hope this post and my mini review of each product was helpful. I am still trying to find my way through this new hair journey I'm on while I try my best to keep my hair as healthy as possible! I have always been in a love-hate relationship with my hair, but ultimately I want to avoid looking like I have hay on my head!

Any tips for styling short hair or healthy hair care in general? Please leave me a comment down below!
Lots of love,
Rachel xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment