Pages

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Lazy Day Makeup

Hello world!

There are definitely days when I don't feel like a full face of makeup is necessary; in fact, most days are like this for me as a university student. Today was no exception, especially since I didn't get much sleep last night due to the How I Met Your Mother finale as I spent majority of my night crying and analyzing the episode haha, so I wasn't feeling too great this morning.

I just wanted to do a short post, showing you what I put on my face on my more laid back days.

FACE

The Body Shop: Aloe Soothing Moisture Lotion
My daily face lotion at the moment, always essential. Made specifically for sensitive skin, as I have rosacea, and it does the trick.

L'oreal True Match: Super-Blendable Concealer and Real Techniques Buffing Brush
I don't think foundation is necessary every day, so most of the time I just use this concealer to cover up any blemishes and redness. I just dot it on and blend it in with my Real Techniques Buffing brush.
I use this concealer in N4-5: Neutral - Light/Medium.

Benefit: Girl Meets Pearl
This is the little purple and white tube photographed on the right. This is just a liquid highlighter, because I always love a more "glowing" look, especially on days where I haven't had much sleep because it really wakes my complexion up.

EYES

I'm not going to lie, eye make-up is something I never skip out on. It's just my personal preference, probably because I look incredibly tired and weird without any eyeliner on hahaha, but it's the one make-up item I've used consistently since I was 14, so I never really miss it! I know for most people, eyes are usually the thing they leave out on more "lazy days" but it's just something I always do.

Revlon Photo Ready: Eye Primer and Brightener
I apologize for the extremely battered up tube, but I've had this particular one for probably well over a year now so it's so dirty haha. For someone who has really dry skin, I have such oily eyelids, so even though I'm not wearing any eyeshadow, I have to put eyelid primer on for my eyeliner.

L'oreal Magic Lumi Concealer
This is supposedly a drugstore dupe for YSL's Touche Éclat concealer. I just pop this under my eyes to brighten them up a little. I don't have particular baggy eyes, but just putting that "illuminating" concealer really brightens up your whole look and makes you look a little more awake.
I use this concealer in Medium.

L'oreal 24-Hour Infallible The Super Slim Liquid Eyeliner
I cannot live without liquid eyeliner. I really like it when it comes in pen form, because it just makes drawing on that cat eye so much easier. The nib on this eyeliner is nice and thin so you can get a precise shape. 

Dual Ended Brush (White and Black Brush)
I used the angle brush to do my eyebrows. I never used to be the kind of person who filled my eyebrows in, but ever since I started to, I've become kind of addicted to it haha. I didn't photograph the powder I used because it's too big to fit in the picture. It comes in this HUGE 144-Piece Eyeshadow e.l.f. palette in Neutral which you can find here, and I just use the matte dark browns to fill them in.

Maybelline One by One Volume Express Mascara
Maybelline absolutely slay in the drugstore world of mascara. I use this particular one for more "natural" lashes because it's not a volumizing mascara, but a super separating and defining one. I love it for days like this :)

LIPS

Burt's Bees Lip Balm with Mango Butter
No colour, just for soft lips :)

So that is it friends! I also completed my picture with my glasses and my large hot chocolate from Second Cup that I bought this morning to try and fill the huge HIMYM-sized hole in my heart. Still sobbing that it's over. :(



What do you use on lazy days? What are your favourite makeup items when you want to wake your complexion up?

Lots of love,
Rachel xxxx



4 comments:

  1. Lovely post!!

    xxx

    wonderfulworldoflilyrose.blogspot.co.uk --> check out my beauty, lifestyle, fashin blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love RT brushes!
    Make sure to check out my blog:
    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete